Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I MISS YOU LUCY


Ruby Remembers Lucy

Ruby Gettinger, Lucy
Hi, y'all.
This week's episode was very moving, heartbreaking and sensitive to me. I still can't believe my baby, Lucy, is gone.
My heart is truly broken, and there will always be a huge gap inside me until I see my Lucy again. I can't believe she is gone. My baby is gone, and I can't believe it. I want to share with y'all a letter I wrote to Lucy:
Lucy, the day you were born, God chose me to be your mommy. You gave me the best days of my life. You are my little rebel, fighter till the end! I will miss your soft stomach and the thousands of kisses you gave me a day! No one will ever be so happy to see me like you were. I never had love like yours and Foxy's, and I want to thank you for giving me so much love. Lucy, the best gift you gave me was your sweet eyes! No one will ever look at me like you did. Through your eyes, I felt more love than I deserved. Lucy, Foxy misses you and looks all over for you. My heart and soul will always long for you. Thank you so much for loving me, thank you for your smiles, kisses, sweet eyes and following me everywhere I went, and for how every time you saw me or heard my voice your tail would wag so fast! How ironic that dog spelled backwards is GOD! You both love unconditionally. Lucy, thank you so much for fighting so hard to live for me. I truly know you gave all you had not to leave me. I love you! Foxy and I miss you every second.
I made a picture video on slide.com—it's a place where you can make your own slideshow, and you choose a song. Click here to see my dedication to Lulu.
It was good to share with everyone at Women's Fat Night. How many of us have bought something at the store or off the TV, thinking, "I am going to do this exercise!" And then there it sits in a closet, attic or garage, never being used. Maybe never even opened. We are always buying into that gimmick, and we are all guilty of it. Even though we already know what to do, I love that we all have been there and done that.
And what about the fun we had in the kitchen?! I can't believe we made a yummy meal in 14 minutes. I never, ever knew it could be that easy! Julie and I were the two girls who can't cook. Yet we were both in the kitchen cooking—with Blair and Gene supervising us, of course. I am telling you, they can cook! They are actually the chefs forOurlife Fresh. My tip paid off (with Dr. Bradley's help)! Now that I have learned about portion sizes and healthy foods and have changed my palate, my next step is to learn how to cook.
I have been on this journey a little over a year now, and I believe it is time for me to go deeper into the emotional part. I want to know why food has so much power over me. What was food appeasing for me? What was it securing, hiding and protecting? Maybe it's no longer doing that for me, but at some time (and obviously early on in my life) it became something so powerful that it got me to 716 pounds! And it took total control over me and ended up becoming an addiction. I want to find out the root of the problem.
And I also strongly believe there are additives in our food that cause certain stimulations for us. This may sound crazy to some, but I truly believe this. I believe the steroids they give animals to make them bigger and grow faster  have a huge, negative affect on our bodies and minds. I am going to find out the truth. But, first of all, I want to know why, when and where I gave the beast power over me!
Thank you for all your sweet emails, comments, prayers love and support!
PS: Please click on the video below to hear more of Ben's band; they are AMAZING! Ben, Byron and Jeff's song was so sweet!