Sunday, November 21, 2010

MY THOUGHTS ON FAITH


Ruby's Thoughts on Faith  by RUBY GETTINGER

Ruby
Tonight's episode was about disappointment, and struggling and wanting to believe and trust in someone and finding the faith to believe in yourself. It's about finding the faith to believe there is something bigger out there than all of us.
My personal belief is that there is a God. I truly believe in God. In my young-adult life, I went out searching for the truth. I didn't want to believe in God just because my mom believed, and I didn't want to love God just because my family and friends loved Him. I felt I was not being honest. So, I wanted to make sure I believed and loved Him with all of my heart, soul and mind. The Word says, "When you search for Me with all your heart, soul and mind, then you will find Me." [Deuteronomy 4:29] And that's exactly what happened.
I receive a lot of emails asking about my religion and religious people. I agree that some are way too judgmental! I think sometimes when some people get religious, they use it as a platform to judge others and point their finger, when that finger needs to do a U-turn right back at them.
Personally, for me, I believe in God and the Bible. I am disturbed because some people make God look so bad when they judge people so harshly. My God says, “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" [Matthew 7:1-3]
"Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these." [John 13:34-35] I would never want someone to judge and condemn me. Would you? We have no idea what another person is going through or what brought them to their today; we have never traveled down their road. People would look at me and call me a gluttoner. When the truth is, I am not.
We are all unique human beings who grew up with parents, without parents, single parents, siblings, teachers, etc. Every one of these people put their mark on us. Good or bad! Now it's time to put our mark on ourselves. It's time to believe in ourselves, even if we can't find one other person who will. You be that person who believes in you. Find the strength. Dig deep inside and find what all of us have: the will to survive. It's in all of us!
Remember your passion and climb your mountain until you reach the top. Fight your beast during the entire climb, and when you can't fight from exhaustion...sit, rest and wait and then climb again.
God is for us! We can beat this, we will beat this, we all will stand together and beat this.
Imagine what it will feel like when you climb the top of your mountain. When I reach my goal, I want to go to the highest mountain and yell, "I did it! I really did it! Oh my gosh! I did it!" and then to look at you and FINALLY be able to say, and know, "YOU CAN DO IT!!!!" Imagine the feeling of climbing the biggest mountain and at the top of your mountain is FREEDOM!!!